Maart 22, 2010 12:53 by Jeff
ASPHostPortal.com offers the reliable and affordable DotNetNuke hosting. This great opportunity is provided for all our new and existing customers. DotNetNuke is an open source and widely used Web Content Management System (CMS). This is because DotNetNuke has many useful features. The following article will describe all the best features of DotNetNuke web application.
- Easy to Install – You can have the DotNetNuke web content management system (WCM or CMS) and application development platform up and running within minutes. Just download the software and follow the simple installation instructions. In addition, several hosting companies offer DotNetNuke-specific hosting packages, which include the tools and support to make project set-up even easier.
- Easy to Use – The DotNetNuke content management system makes it easy for administrators, content editors, developers, and designers to manage all aspects of their web assets. Wizards, content-sensitive help, and a well-researched user interface provide a smooth user experience.
- Powerful – The DotNetNuke content management system can support multiple web sites from a single application installation. By dividing administrative tasks between host level and individual site level, administrators can manage an unlimited number of websites – each with its own unique appearance and content.
- Feature-rich – The DotNetNuke application comes loaded with a set of built-in features that provide exceptional functionality. Site hosting, web design, content management, security, and membership options are all easily managed and customized through simple, browser-based tools.
- Localized – DotNetNuke includes a multi-language localization feature that allows administrators to easily translate their sites into any language. And with an international group of hosts and developers working within the DotNetNuke ecosystem, native support is always close at hand.
- Leading-edge – The DotNetNuke web content management system and application development platform gives developers the opportunity to leverage best-practice software development concepts and leading-edge technologies like ASP.NET 2.0, Visual Studio, SQL Server, Windows Server, and IIS.
- Flexible and Extensible – The DotNetNuke web content management system and application development platform fits easily into existing computing environments. The core framework includes a series of open APIs that make integration with existing applications simple and straightforward, allowing businesses to focus on extending features and functionality rather than troubleshooting installations. And, DotNetNuke is flexible enough to be used for anything — new applications, minor site modifications, major overhauls, and swap outs.
- Recognized – The DotNetNuke web content management system and application development platform is widely recognized and respected in the open source community, with hundreds of thousands of applications in use. DotNetNuke Corp. and DotNetNuke community members continue to evolve the software through rigorous development, testing, community participation, real-world trials, and end-user feedback.
Maart 17, 2010 11:50 by Jeff
Backing up and restoring a DotNetNuke site is actually pretty easy, so there should be no excuse for not doing it more often.
If you are looking for a reliable yet affordable DotNetNuke hosting provider, you may consider ASPHostPortal.com. You can always start from our Portal ONE plan to get this web application installed on your website. This great opportunity is provided for all our new and existing customers.
There are two parts of your site: the website files and the website database. Both parts must be included when backing up and restoring.
Files: Simply make a zip file of your /website directory. Download it using FTP if you are on a hosted server.
Database: Use either your hosting control panel or SQL management studio to backup your database. Select the "overwrite" option, so that you only have one database backup per file. Zip the backup and download it.
Save these two zip files to a secure and separate location - not on the same computer as the website. A rewriteable CD/DVD is a good option.
Files: Unzip the files backup and copy or FTP them to your website directory. Overwrite existing files.
Database: Use either your hosting control panel or SQL management studio to backup your database. Select the "overwrite" option.
See it is not too hard, so make sure to backup often to avoid the risk of losing vital data. Many hosting companies have automatic backups, but charge you a service fee if you need to have a backup restored. By doing your own backups you can avoid this.